The versatility of today’s paper craft project can be used for many different occasions. The card can be stamped for Mother’s Day, birthday, a shower, etc. Recently, I designed this card for Easter, upcoming birthdays and Mother’s Day. Over the weekend, I made a coordinating gift bag to match the birthday and Mother’s Day cards. All Stampin’ Up! ® products were used with the exception of the paper bag (bought from Michael’s) that was used to adhere to the Baja Breeze cardstock.
The flowers are fun and very simple to make using punches, Calypso Coral cardstock, a brad and water. It takes no time to make, but I do recommend you let the flowers dry overnight.
It’s hard to tell for the photos, but both the card and gift bag were finished off by spraying Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint to give a slight shimmer. I use 91% isopropyl alcohol with shimmer paint, it well dry very quick without over soaking the paper. I use a small misting bottle and filled only half way with the alcohol with a teaspoon of shimmer paint. Your project only needs a slight misting to give it shimmer.
- Blossom, Petal Flower and Boho Blossoms Punches from Stampin’ Up!®
- Silver brad or decorative brad
- Spray bottle filled with water
1. Punch out three Blossoms, three Petal Flowers and one of the Boho Blossoms.
2. Stack the Blossoms, then the Petal Flowers and the Boho Flower on top.
3. Pierce through the center and secure all of the flowers with a brad.
4. Spray the cardstock with water.
5. Begin lifting each layer and scrunch to the center. Spray any dry areas and continue scrunching each layer to the center. I use the paper piercing tool to help lift the petal layers.
6. Continue until each layer has been scrunched to the center. Let you flower sit for a half hour before you begin shaping it.
7. Gently begin to unfold the layers to the desire shape. Let dry overnight.
If you didn't use a decorative brad like this example, a pearl can be glued or adhered with a mini glue dot to the center of the flower. It works best if the flower has dried completely.
Thanks for stopping by!